MEMBER DEVELOPMENT LEAD
Location: Beverly MA & Remote
In this full-time role, you will work closely with the CEO and senior staff to help shape and execute the member recruitment strategy to bring new members into the incubator. This role will focus on sourcing, contacting, relationship-building, and closing. This role is highly visible and will significantly impact the organization’s growth. Event attendance and participation (days and evenings) is required, along with an active social media presence.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Organized and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working with startups. You are creative, enjoy meeting new people and helping to solve their problems with strong listening and communication skills. Enjoy working on a small team, but capable of individual contribution and performing with minimal supervision and managing up.
The position requires a motivated, self-starter with strong communications and relationship management experience to manage potential members and implement communications strategies that will be most effective.
- Source new members for the incubator
- Develop and iterate new member pipeline
- Identify and validate new opportunity sectors and markets
- Work with the incubator team throughout the prospecting and closing process, and manage the intake and onboarding process and documentation.
- Maintain pipeline and Hubspot databases
- Build and maintain an active social media presence, working with senior management on communication strategy, content, and outreach.
- Contribute to the overall strategy, operations, and impact of the organization.
The Member Development Lead is an integral part of the innovation economy in the Northeast, meeting and collaborating with stakeholders across the region. This person will be exposed to early stage innovations, and interact with a wide variety of startups and cleantech innovation experts and enthusiasts.
- An understanding of the Greater Boston cleantech and/or life sciences innovation ecosystem
- 3+ years active in the innovation sector / community working with start ups
- Strong social media presence
- Knowledge of current and future trends in our target industries
- Proven ability to develop and validate market opportunities
- Strong and rapidly growing network in relevant markets
- Competitive salary
- Remote work schedule available
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of experience active in the innovation sector / community working with start ups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong social media presence
- Familiarity with basic computer programs including Microsoft Office Suite and Hubspot
- Familiarity and comfort with the fast-paced nature of a startup, including the ability to receive, prioritize, and react to information with minimal oversight
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong planning and critical thinking skills with the ability to anticipate needs and actions
- Respectful, customer-focused attitude
- Curious, eager to learn, and a team player; “no task is too small” mentality
- Ability to work some evenings, typically one evening per week.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS AND LOCATION
Competitive salary and benefits
Hybrid location model (regular presence required in Beverly, not just daily)
Must be able to physically attend meetings days and evenings in a wide variety of locations.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to Trish.Fleming AT nsiv.org. Subject Line should read “Application Member Development Lead”. No phone calls please.