The National Business Incubation Association (NBIA) will be hosting its Annual International Conference on Business Incubation From April 7th – 10th. Over 600 participants from 35 countries are expected to come to Boston to share lessons learned and strategies for entrepreneurial support. You can register for the Conference here.
Some highlights from the Event website:
- Dozens of educational sessions: Newer incubator managers will learn the fundamentals; advanced incubator managers will gather the newest techniques for better assisting clients
- Success stories: New programming for this year’s event pairs several of the industry’s most talented incubator managers and their highly accomplished clients – learn from their mistakes and note the steps that led to success
- Keynote speakers: Among them is Desh Deshpande, the Boston entrepreneur and investor who co-chairs the national council to support President Barack Obama’s innovation and entrepreneurship strategy
- Incubator tours: Explore how some of Boston’s most successful incubators operate their programs and learn techniques you can implement in your own program
- Numerous networking opportunities: A breakfast that lets you network based on topics that interest you, a reception designed to connect new members and nonmembers with veteran NBIA members, and a Vendor Mixer that introduces you to tools of the trade
NBIA is also promoting the existing facilities providing business incubation by touring them. NSIV was chosen to take part in these tours and we are looking forward to hosting the tour on Wednesday April 10th. This would be a great way to come see what we’re doing on the North Shore to support Biotech and Cleantech startups to build new ideas, businesses and jobs.
Read more about the tour and another activities here